1. Set goals. Without goals, there’s really not much reason for you to be in business. If you want to stay connected to your business, it helps to make yourself realize why you’re in business to begin with.
2. Keep goals in mind. You started your business for a reason. You need to keep that in mind so you don’t get weighed down by the day-to-day of your work. Keep little pictures or other memorabilia around that remind you of why you’re doing this is the first place.
3. Be flexible. There’s not a one-size-fits-all method to success; you might have to try a lot of things before you find what’s right for you. The key is to be flexible and willing to try new things when things aren’t working for you.
4. Be persistent. While you may want to change when things aren’t working, you can’t give up on everything so quickly. You have to be willing to keep trying and keep going even if things don’t go well.
5. Make it fun. We all want to do things that are fun, and shy away from things that aren’t. Make sure the avenues you pursue are not only profitable, but enjoyable to you. If you have stuff you need to do that isn’t as fun, try turning it into a game, just like you probably do with your kids to get their chores done.
6. Find supportive people. It’s a lot easier to stay committed to something if there are people on the sidelines cheering you on. Take time to talk to people who are supportive of your business. If you don’t have many, try finding people like you online and at local classes so you can encourage each other.
7. Get help. If you’re like most people, you probably think you can get your business going on your own. And if you’re like most people, you probably can’t. Starting your own business is a big job, and it’s perfectly normal to need a little help or guidance. Try to find a mentor who has already been successful in your area to guide you and give suggestions. They will also be a constant reminder that what you’re trying to do is achievable.
8. Review what you’ve done. If you’re feeling like you want to give up or just feel beaten down, take out a pen and paper and write down what you’ve accomplished since you started your business. Even if it’s just little stuff, write it down. By the time you’re finished you’ll probably feel better realizing how much you’ve accomplished. Then keep the list and review it and update it every so often to keep yourself going.
9. Expand yourself. You’ve probably found that when you have a new idea or project, you get very excited about it. Try to constantly expand yourself by going to seminars, reading ebooks, getting newsletters, and doing other things to keep yourself coming up with new ideas and getting new projects. The more new things you do, the more excited you’ll be about just doing your work.
10. Stay positive. A positive attitude goes a long way in keeping you motivated. Take steps to keep yourself looking on the bright side of life and work and it will be easier to keep yourself going.
Get Linked from 49,000 + sites with one click.